Kurt and Joan Magnusson restored this rowboat and re-launched it the summer of 2002. They found the boat at a yardsale in NH and bought it for $20. They replaced 11 ribs and all of the fastenings. They hired Skylar Thomson of Thomson Canoeworks in Connecticut to recanvas the boat. They noted that 3 of the 4 original oarlocks are with the boat, and the oarlocks were patented in 1882.
Jim Hammond built this 15'6" double-ended rowing skiff from a mold found in the shop of the late Harold "Bones" Bulmer of Ontario, Canada. Jim calls this the first 'modern' version of a boat built by Mason Boatworks in St. Williams and Port Rowan, Ontario, Canada. He used the glued lapstrake style of construction described by John Brooks in WB issues 156-158. He writes that "she is very fast to row with 8 -+' homemade oars, and will soon rig her for sail and an inboard electric motor." Contact Jim at Inner Bay Boats 27 East -+ line Road, St. Williams, Ontario, Canada N0E 1P0.