Family BoatBuilding Links
- Events Calendar
- Participate in an Event
- The BoatBuilding Process
- Boat Models and Kits
- Produce an Event
- Add Your Event
Please contact us with any questions about participating in, or producing a Family BoatBuilding event.
P.O. Box 78
Brooklin, ME 04616
Family BoatBuilding Events Calendar
Family BoatBuilding events are happening all over the world! Below is a list of the events scheduled to date. Please check this page frequently for updates.
- Sponsoring Association: Connecticut River Museum
- Producer: Connecticut River Museum
- Event Start Date: 22 August 2014
- Event End Date: 24 August 2014
- Address: Connecticut River Museum 67 Main Street Essex, CT 06443 United States
- Type of Boat: Bevins Skiff
- Contact: Paul Kessinger
- Phone: (203) 856-1005
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.crmskiff.com
- Event Description: Families, teams and the local Sea Scout troop will be building the CRM 12, a Bevins skiff modified to recall the thousands of sharpies and flatiron skiffs that once crowded the Connecticut River. We will be building using terrific Bevins kits provided by the Alexandria Seaport Foundation. The venue is beautiful, right on the Connecticut River in the heart of Essex, CT. See www.crmskiff.com for all the information.
- Sponsoring Association: Traditional Small Craft Association — Texas Chapter
- Producer: Port Aransas plyWooden Boat Festival
- Event Start Date: 17 October 2014
- Event End Date: 19 October 2014
- Address: Farley Boat Works, 716 W. Avenue C Port Aransas, Texas 78373 United States
- Type of Boat: QT Skiff Rowboat
- Contact: Frank Coletta
- Phone: (210) 218-9961
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.portaransasplywoodenboatfestival.org/family.htm
- Event Description: Would you or your family like to build a boat with expert supervision along with 5 other families? If so, sign up now for the Family Boatbuilding event at the Port Aransas plyWooden Boat Festival.
Each family (it can be a single adult or up to 4 people including kids as young as 10) will build a QT Skiff, designed by noted small boat designer, Jim Michalak. This fine little “Flattie” skiff is perfect for fishing, birdwatching or just messing around in boats. It can be carried in the back of a piccup truck or on top of a car. The boat is 13 feet by 45 inches and weighs 75 pounds.
Each student will take home a completed unpainted boat at the end of the class. Materials will be provided.
- Signup at www.portaransasplywoodenboatfestival.org/family.htm