Vik 172 is the latest evolution from Vik 165 to obtain even more speed, comfort and style! She uses the latest technical progresses to facilitate her handling while short handed.
Among the standard features:
- Maximum waterline length.
- Semi-circle sections with flared sides.
- Wide beam with powerful ends. -Short bridge-deck high above the water.
- Streamlined composite forebeam.
- All weights amidships.
- Minimum windage.
- Deep carbon daggerboards.
- Elliptical spade rudders on carbon rudder shaft.
- Foam sandwich construction with Kevlar reinforcements.
- Pre-preg carbon fibre rotating mast.
- U-shaped carbon boom on mast step.
- Kevlar and Vectran standard rigging.
- Spectra full-batten mainsail.
- Heavy weather staysail.
- Jib on continuous line furler.
- Gennaker on furling-lock.
- Asymmetric spinnaker on carbon bowpole.
- Dinghy on davits recessed in aft beam.
Two ways of building her:
- Parts may be done in existing moulds then assembled by the most suitable boatyard.
- off construction in sandwich on battened moulds or from foam strips on templates.
She is customised to your exact sailing program with the eventual help of a stylist. 3 to 5 cabins with different layouts for the saloon are possible.
Many alternative cockpit, bimini and steering positions are suggested.
The twin diesels provide more than 12 knots cruising speed and easy harbour handling.
Erik Lerouge Yacht Designs
Tel: +33 (0)2 51 51 46 45