Current Issue of WoodenBoat Magazine
WoodenBoat 243, March/April 2015
- The Canvas Deck Bucket Revisited — A retired Dacron sail adds a modern material to a classic design by Bruce Halabisky
- The Snekke — Norway’s timeless motor launch by Evelyn Ansel
- Henry Barkhausen — A Great Lakes mariner remembers by George D. Jepson
- A Strip-Built Baidarka, Part 2 — Simple beauty in a complex and highly functional kayak by Rob Macks
- The Boats of Nikos Daroukakis — Greek classics with a twist by Nic Compton
- Sponges, Bailers, Buckets, and Pumps — Removing water from a small boat by Harry Bryan
- Two Schooners — At Nova Scotia’s Dory Shop, a pair of boats take shape the old way by Tom Gallant
- Dropping the Board — Living with a different kind of pivot pin by Tom Jackson
- Getting Started in Boats: Organizing the Galley — tear-out supplement by Jan Adkins
Cover: Two snekker lie nosed up to a beach on Norway’s south coast. These inboard-powered, double-ended boats are descended from working craft, which today enjoy widespread popularity as recreational craft.
Photograph by Dag Høibø
Looking for a particular article you saw?