January/February 2015, Issue 242
- Rebirth of a Westport Pond Boat
- Catching Up with Meade Gougeon
- CAPRICE and GHOST
- Making Cabin Trim
- Motorboats of the Future
- A Strip-Built Baidarka—Part 1
- The Charter Boat DAVID B’s Conversion
- Sailing Off the Anchor
Newsstand Only Special Issue
Small Boats 2015
A guide to trailerable small craft you can store and maintain at home.
- High-performance dinghy, family daysailer
- A McKenzie-style drift boat
- A charming house and camp boat
- A nicely mannered rowboat
- The smallest of K. Aage Nielsen’s double-enders
- A sail-and-oar boat in the style of Arthur Ransome
- A high-performance expedition boat
- And more…
The December 2014 Issue of
Small Boats Monthly
An on-line magazine crafted especially for those who store and maintain their boats at home.
- In The Spirit of a Classic Donzi
- The Bevin’s Skiff
- Rowing the Columbia
- A Reader-built Double-ended Yawl
- A hose for a bilge pump, a folding fireplace, and small-boat navigation lights
Join for FREE! Sign up now
You are now logged in.
Read the latest “Haystack Navigation — Circumnavigating Great Exuma” by Reuel Parker.
Photos & Videos
If you’re in the market for a boat to build, this is a fine place to start. And if you are a designer offering plans or kit boats, we invite you to enter your information, there is no charge! This is for boats of ANY hull material.
The Abaco 23 is a classic, smooth riding hull. 17 degrees deadrise at transom, variable...