March/April 2015, Issue 243
- The Canvas Deck Bucket Revisited
- The Snekke — Norway’s timeless motor launch
- Henry Barkhausen — A Great Lakes mariner remembers
- A Strip-Built Baidarka, Part 2
- The Boats of Nikos Daroukakis
- Sponges, Bailers, Buckets, and Pumps
- Two Schooners at Nova Scotia’s Dory Shop
- Dropping the Board — Living with a different kind of pivot pin
The March 2015 Issue of
Small Boats Monthly
An on-line magazine crafted especially for those who store and maintain their boats at home.
- The International 12-Foot Dinghy
- The Færder Snekke racing workboat from Norway
- A Spring Solo Cruise in a Garvey Box
- Reader-built boat, an Iain Oughtred Wee Rob
- Small-Boat Rigging on a Shoestring, Bugout Screen Room Tarp, and Concealer safety goggles
Newsstand Only Special Issue
Small Boats 2015
A guide to trailerable small craft you can store and maintain at home.
- High-performance dinghy, family daysailer
- A McKenzie-style drift boat
- A charming house and camp boat
- A nicely mannered rowboat
- The smallest of K. Aage Nielsen’s double-enders
- A sail-and-oar boat in the style of Arthur Ransome
- A high-performance expedition boat
- And more…
Join for FREE! Sign up now
You are now logged in.
WoodenBoat Master Builder
How to Sharpen Hand Saws
Friday, April 10, 2015 to Sunday, April 12, 2015Oriental, North Carolina
Friday, May 1, 2015 to Sunday, May 3, 2015Cedar Key, Florida
Saturday, May 2, 2015Beaufort, North Carolina
Sunday, May 17, 2015 to Sunday, May 24, 2015Marietta, Ohio
Photos & Videos
If you’re in the market for a boat to build, this is a fine place to start. And if you are a designer offering plans or kit boats, we invite you to enter your information, there is no charge! This is for boats of ANY hull material.
The Mark V 36 Commuter is my submission for the WoodenBoat/Professional BoatBuilder Design...