November/December 2014, Issue 241
- Sailing with the CHARLES W. MORGAN
- An American yacht in Istanbul
- The crabbers and crab boats of Smith Island, Maryland
- Stormy and ISTAR
- The restoration of BEN MY CHREE
- A year in the life of the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding
- The Boat Shower
- Building an Amesbury Skiff — Part 2
Newsstand Only Special Issue
Small Boats 2015
A guide to trailerable small craft you can store and maintain at home.
- High-performance dinghy, family daysailer
- A McKenzie-style drift boat
- A charming house and camp boat
- A nicely mannered rowboat
- The smallest of K. Aage Nielsen’s double-enders
- A sail-and-oar boat in the style of Arthur Ransome
- A high-performance expedition boat
- And more…
Exploring WoodenBoat’s Rare Book Library
“The WoodenBoat Research Library has a fabulous selection of rare and antique nautical books that contain many intriguing articles and works of art. Take a peek at some of the jewels from this collection.”
Small Boats Monthly
An on-line magazine crafted especially for those who store and maintain their boats at home
- Pinguino 145 and 145 4PD
- The Friendship Catboat
- The 2014 Everglades Challenge
- A Reader-built Herreshoff Coquina
- Beaching Legs, Davis Instruments’ Rocker Stoppers, and the H22FK Handheld Sonar
Join for FREE! Sign up now
You are now logged in.
Photos & Videos
New featured video from WoodenBoat!
If you’re in the market for a boat to build, this is a fine place to start. And if you are a designer offering plans or kit boats, we invite you to enter your information, there is no charge! This is for boats of ANY hull material.
RYD-14.6 is intended to bring performance to back yard builders. Her flanks and bottom can be...