DOUBLE-ENDED ROWING SKIFF

Kurt and Joan Magnusson restored this rowboat and re-launched it the summer of 2002. They found the boat at a yardsale in NH and bought it for $20. They replaced 11 ribs and all of the fastenings. They hired Skylar Thomson of Thomson Canoeworks in Connecticut to recanvas the boat. They noted that 3 of the 4 original oarlocks are with the boat, and the oarlocks were patented in 1882.

Design Specs

LOA:
15′ 
8″
Beam:
2′ 
9″
Designer Name: 
Unknown
Type/Rig/Power: 
Double-ended rowing skiff
Builder Name: 
Kurt and Joan Magnusson
Home Port: 
Lakes and rivers of Connecticut
Launching Date: 
June 21, 2002