Corsica Classic Regatta
The Corsica Classic 2014 is the fifth annual edition of this seven-step coastal race organized by Corsica Classic Yachting, a non-profit association and member of the French Sailing Federation, recently sponsored by the prestigious Yacht Club de France.
The race is open to all classic yachts approved by the CIM (International Mediterranean Committee) and “Esprits de tradition” yachts approved by the IRC. This year, the race will start at Calvi on August 23th and will finish at Bonifacio on August 31th. The Corsica Classic is part of the official race circuit organized by the CIM. As such, the Corsica Classic has become a “premiere” sporting event with excellent international press exposure, including television, radio, and social media coverage.
Corsica has always been famous for its exceptional beauty, and its 1000km of coastline at the heart of the Mediterra- nean... A prime holiday destination for yachtsmen. The success of the race over the last four years, and the number of preregistrations for 2014, is a testament to the popularity of this new event among yacht owners.
The event also fosters a community spirit and a convivial atmosphere: theme-based evening events are organized in each port, as well as leisure activities. Members of the public are given the opportunity to take part in races and yachts are available for charter by groups. In the interest of everyone involved in, particular attention is always paid to elegance and aesthetic considerations.
We have 35 sailing yachts and closing the entries end of june. Among them, for the first time, a Big Boat class with Xarifa sailing from Monaco and Elena (UK). We’ll also count on Vortex (Fr), Dorade (USA), Owl (Fr), Oiseau de Feu (FR), Eileen (Fr), Vistona (Fr), etc.
Please find the updated list on www.corsica-classic.com
Last year’s title won by Skylark (USA) will be very highly fought for !
• Saturday, August 23th : Confirmation of entries, Calvi.
• Sunday August, 24th : Stage 1, Calvi – Girolata. Night in Girolata UNESCO Marine reserve.
• Monday, August 25th: Stage 2, Girolata – Ajaccio - cocktail in the historic Napoleonian salons at the City Hall
• Tuesday, August 26th: Stage 3, Ajaccio – Cala D'Orzu or Porto Pollo - Beach Party
• Wednesday, August 27th: Stage 4, Porto Pollo – Bonifacio.
• Thursday, August 28th: Stage 5, Bonifacio – Porto-Vecchio, cocktail at Casadelmar Hotel*****
• Friday, August 29th: Stage 6, Porto-Vecchio – Santa Giulia Bay, concert on the beach
• Saturday, August 30th: Santa-Giulia - Bonifacio
• Sunday, August 31st : Bonifacio-Bonifacio, “Trophée de la ville” Prize giving ceremony and cocktail reception.