Current Issue of WoodenBoat Magazine
WoodenBoat 237, March/April 2014
- A Schooner for Miss Dolan — Creating DEFIANCE for a strong-willed yachtswoman by Bill Peterson
- SPARTINA — A lobsterboat-style Great Lakes cruiser by George D. Jepson
- Remembering the Schooner NIÑA — Part 1: Her early years by Richard Dey
- Thumper’s World — An inspired waterman, a 100-year-old schooner, and the notorious Delaware Bay by Randall Peffer
- The Return of the Giant-Slayer — The schooner CORAL OF COWES by Nic Compton
- Aboard TOLKA — A limousine launch for Muskoka by Timothy Du Vernet
- The Ghosts in the Rossie Mill — by Stan Grayson
- How to Build Phoenix III, Part 2 — A versatile, easy-to-build 15-footer by Ross Lillistone
Cover: CORAL OF COWES is well suited to Caribbean and European charters, which she has done since 2011. Largely original in all but her rig (she was launched as a yawl in 1902), the storied British yacht lay dormant for decades until a restoration was completed in 2005.
Photograph by Nic Compton
- Keeping Watch by Jan Adkins
Looking for a particular article you saw?