Current Issue of WoodenBoat Magazine
WoodenBoat 239, July/August 2014
- Aboard: WINIFRED — A 1926 Lake Union Dreamboat by Greg Gilbert
- A Modern Traditional Boatbuilder — The long career of Louis Sauzedde by Jay Picotte
- A Tiller Control — Short-term self-steering by Harry Bryan
- The Master of Lines — The worldwide reach of Johan Anker by Elin Kragset Vold and Ole Engen
- VARG — Restoring a 1924 Johan Anker 8-Meter by Bruce Stannard
- Return of a Dragon — The careful restoration of HUBRIS by Bill Jacobs
- ALBATROSS — Taking a much-loved lobsteryacht into the future by Walter Ansel
- ADVENTURE at Sea — After a long, hard reconstruction, a 1926 Gloucesterman sails again by Randall Peffer
Cover: The 8-Meter class sloop VARG, launched in 1924 by the Anker & Jensen yard of Oslo, Norway, was recently rebuilt by Wilson Bros. of Tasmania. See page 48 for a profile of designer Johan Anker, and page 62 for the story of VARG’s resurrection.
Photograph by Kraig Carlström
Getting Started in Boats
Supplement Insert to WoodenBoat Magazine — Digital versions available at The WoodenBoat Store.
- The Art of Making Fast — Text and illustrations by Jan Adkins
Looking for a particular article you saw?