Current Issue of WoodenBoat Magazine
WoodenBoat 242, January/February 2015
- Rebirth of a Westport Pond Boat — An exact copy of a derelict original by Tim Sullivan
- Catching Up with Meade Gougeon — The ever-fertile mind of a counter-revolutionary craftsman by Jim Brown
- CAPRICE and GHOST — The unlikely return of the Sound Interclub class by Matthew P. Murphy
- Making Cabin Trim for CAPRICE and GHOST by Matthew P. Murphy
- Motorboats of the Future — Nigel Irens and the fast and frugal power cruiser by Nic Compton
- A Strip-Built Baidarka Part 1 — Simple beauty in a complex and highly functional kayak by Rob Macks
- A Dream Fulfilled — Staying on-task for the charter boat DAVID B’s conversion by Christine Smith
- Sailing Off the Anchor — A matter of careful preparation and planning by Bruce Halibisky
Cover: On Lake George, New York, the Long Island Sound Interclub sloops CAPRICE (foreground) and GHOST sail in company on an August afternoon. The pair were recently restored by Reuben Smith’s Tumblehome Boat Shop, sparking a revival of interest in the long-dormant class.
Photograph by Matthew P. Murphy
Looking for a particular article you saw?