Join us and the National Parks of Boston as we celebrate USS Constitution’s much-anticipated return to the water after two years in dry dock.
The USS Constitution Museum will be open from 9AM – midnight with FREE family-friendly activities from 4PM – 8PM.
- Enjoy hands-on activities, music, and gallery talks for all ages
- Make a souvenir button
- Share your vision for the future of the Navy Yard
- Watch the flooding of Dry Dock 1 and see “Old Ironsides” afloat again!
- Try your hand at the shipbuilding tools that made Constitution shipshape again – from the treenails that kept her planking in place to her waterproof caulking!
- Constitution will float later tonight, but can you build a tinfoil boat that does the same? Challenge your friends and test your own skills in our boat making program.
- Rigging a ship like Constitution is knot easy. Practice your knot tying skills while learning about the different lines aboard “Old Ironsides.”
- Sailors’ often got nautical tattoos to commemorate a special moment in their lives. Mark yourself with a limited-edition temporary tattoo of Constitution in dry dock.