The July 2015 Issue of
Small Boats Monthly
An on-line magazine crafted especially for those who store and maintain their boats at home.
- The Mallard — A voyage from fantasy to reality
- The SailZO — A new kit boat
- American Venice — Chesapeake Bay’s Smith Island
- Reader Built Boat PILGRIM is a Redwing 18
- Also featuring the making of rope fenders, an Emberlit stove, and a breathable dry suit
July/August 2015, Issue 245
- YANKEE and LIVE YANKEE, Two Remarkable R-boats
- Runabout Restoration on the Layaway plan
- Metal Fabrication in the Woodshop
- Restoring a 1936 Danish double-ender—and reconstructing her history
- A Muskoka Lakes yacht from another era
- Rigging and Tuning a Wooden Boat
- C. Raymond Hunt and the development
of the deep-V hull
Join for FREE! Sign up now
You are now logged in.
Friday, July 31, 2015 to Saturday, August 1, 2015Christy's Landing Restaurant 2952 Waubesa Avenue, Madison WI On the western shore of Lake Waubesa 608-222-5391
Saturday, August 1, 2015Dossin Great Lakes Maritime Museum, 100 The Strand , Belle Isle, Detroit , MI 48207
Saturday, August 1, 2015
Friday, August 7, 2015 to Saturday, August 8, 2015Door County Maritime Museum 120 N Madison Avenue Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Saturday, August 8, 2015Yonkers Paddling & Rowing Club / Beczak Environmental Education Center 35 Alexander St., Yonkers, NY 10701
Photos & Videos
If you’re in the market for a boat to build, this is a fine place to start. And if you are a designer offering plans or kit boats, we invite you to enter your information, there is no charge! This is for boats of ANY hull material.
Construction - Glued lapstrake plywood.
Alternative construction - Traditional, cold-...