The KATY D was built as a private yacht for Charles Dana Gibson, of Gibson girl fame. She later served Islesboro and Lincolnville as a 12-month ferry service and ambulance boat during the 1960’s and 1970’s. She was built in 1958 by Willis Rossiter on 700 Acre Island, and she has been well cared for through several owners. She was rebuilt in 1998 and restored again in 2016. She will be based in Lincolnville Beach, where she is well-known and remembered.