Be part of the inaugural exciting, rip-roaring, sensational Wooden Boat and Sea Shanty Event to Celebrate the 150 years of Island settlement in Rhyll, Phillip Island, Victoria, Australia.
Having the first boat building industry in Victoria, Rhyll is the perfect place to showcase the maritime history of bygone times and have quite a bit of fun doing it!
We are planning:
- Opening night dinner, highlighted by high seas talks and stories
- Historic and Classic Wooden Boats on show
- A colourful Sail Past parade with boats dressed in their finery
- Lots of racing with The Commodore’s Cup
- Exciting and lively Sea Shanty Bands playing around the sea shore
- Remarkable Model Boat Display with great prizes for winning entries
- Maritime art exhibition by Phillip Island artists
- Superb Photographic Gallery displaying Rhyll's Maritime History
- Food Stalls, restaurants and local delicacies
- Art and Craft stalls
- Demonstrations of Splicing, net making and Knot tying throughout the day
- Fun for the whole family with Kids activities such as face painting, tug of war, pirate treasure hunt, Games, Boat Races with lots of prizes....and loads more